Recently I came across some people who were being invited to attend a dragonboat session on the weekend. When the weekend came around they didn’t turn up. That gave me an incentive to find out why they didn’t come rather than just go, oh well, they had other things on. I think these are the top 5 excuses people make:
- Time / Priorities – My partner (wife or husband) needed me to home or with them for something
- Fitness – It looks really hard and I’m not fit to do it.
- Money – I don’t have enough to be able to afford the dragonboat equipment
- Friends – I’ll wait until so and so joins and I’ll try it then.
- Lack of Motivation – I’m too lazy and I can’t see myself rowing. It looks too tiring.
Until their perfect scenerio is met then I doubt any of these people would even try dragonboating. Maybe we could think of ways to counteract these excuses with some other incentives.