After any Dragon Boat event there are certain tasks that need to be completed. It’s not something that one should do, it’s a must in order to finish off an event properly.
Some guidelines to consider:
- Make sure that all boats are dismantled and loaded back for transportation to the docks.
- All equipment that has been used on the day have been packed and transported back to base.
- All tents, tables, chairs have been all put away and dismantled
- All teams have vacated the site
- Invite cleaners to come out and collect all rubbish
- Final results have been tallied and safely transported back to base for data-entry and uploaded to the Internet for paddlers
- Lastly, you have thanked all staff and volunteer’s for their help on the day
This ends the series on how to run a Dragon Boat event in brief and gives you a run down on what one needs to consider when holding an event large or small.